Thursday, May 2, 2013

Even though I don't work outside the home, I still manage to feel like the two-headed llama from the old Dr. Doolittle movie. Two heads because there is what I want to do and what I have to do. And, while the list of things I want to do hasn't changed, the list of have-tos seems to get bigger all the time.

Sometimes I feel like all you need to do is tell people you're a homemaker and BOOM, there went your time. They seem to have no concept of time, calling as soon as you are knee deep in a project or one kind or another. Usually, I am knee deep and my phone will be somewhere else, out of reach.

Morrison IT, Jessica's school. Dorms are the tan building.
I took on a prom project for Josie without knowing I'd end up having to drive the BIG truck to Morrison and help Jess move from her dorm to the Spring Valley house. There went two days of my time. Plus Mondays I have doctors appointments and I check on the Spring Valley house. So there went another day.

I have the corset almost sewn and the pants pattern just needs refining, then cut and sewn. I am hoping to be able to do that tomorrow morning.

I think part of the reason I get into these positions is that I am not much of a person for schedules. I like to be able to wake up in the morning, have my coffee and such and then decide what I'm going to work on. But the rest of the world works on schedules. So I'm considering making myself a "work" schedule where I put my phone in the bedroom with it's message telling people to leave a number and I'll call them back.

I think I will also have to start scheduling bill paying and phone calling for a particular day. It feels kind of funny to have to create a "work" day schedule for my creative work. Now if I can just get my creativity to work on a schedule all will be fine.

Though, my picture taking doesn't seem to need a schedule, just something to point my camera at a shoot.


These trees were outside of Erie, IL. Here in Altona, things are drying out and farmers are out in the fields all over. The fields around Erie are still so saturated, that even when you don't see standing water they still look moist.


You can just see the nose of the big truck in this picture. It's my hubby's 4x4. I will be driving it again today. Tuesday was the first time I've really driven the big boy. I have a little HHR I call the Pup. It's really more my speed and my size, LOL!

Now, I'd better get working on that corset again, or I really will be burning the midnight oil to get everything done.

Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment