Sunday, March 31, 2013

Easter Preview

I actually made my Easter dinner Saturday because Sunday I will be 75 miles from home working on a house. I will meet my girls and oldest son there and we will break into teams and get about 4 to 5 hours of work done. At least, that's the plan.

Easter dinner this year, Cheesy Potatoes, Brown Sugar & Butter Sweet Potatoes, Fresh Green Bean Casserole, and Brown Sugar & Mustard Baked Ham.


Brown Sugar & Mustard Baked Ham actually came out beautifully. I used spicy brown mustard rather than yellow and instead of Coca Cola, I used a bit of Vimto cola.


The brown sugar and mustard blended together for form a paste that gets spread over the ham after it's placed in the roaster. Then, the cola gets pour around the ham and the whole thing, covered, goes into a 350 degree oven for a couple hours.




Brown Sugar and Mustard Glaze
1 cup Brown Sugar, packed
1/2 cup Mustard, yellow, dijon, spicy brown ... all work
1 Bone-In Smoked Ham (not a picnic or fresh shoulder)
Mix the sugar and mustard together to make a grainy paste. Spread on the ham. (At this point I added the cola, but I think you could just use 1/2 cup or so of chicken broth or water)
Bake at 350 degrees F for 18 minutes per pound of ham.
Let rest 10 minutes before slicing (so the juices settle in the meat).

Serve with your choice of sides.

Happy Easter!!!

Laura




No comments:

Post a Comment