Thursday, April 4, 2013

McCalls 6203 for Pattern Stash Contest


I had this beautiful remnant of ITY Jersey with beautiful bold colors and soft flowing texture.


Pattern Company: McCall's
Pattern Number: 6203
Pattern Name: Misses Tunics
Pattern Size: Regular L/XL  
Is this a FREE Pattern: No
Pattern Type: tops
Fabric Used: ITY Jersey
Rate this pattern: Easy for a Beginner    

Here's the sketch of the concept.
       

Pattern Description: Super easy misses tunic tops.
Pattern Sizing: Regular L/XL
Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Minus my change, yes, it does.
Were the instructions easy to follow? If I'd used them, I think they would have been considering how simple this tunic is. Since I had changes, I started with the shoulders.
What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? This pattern has simple lines with good styling. With only 2, 3 pieces tops, it's fast to make. The basic shape lends itself to use with beautiful fabrics.
Fabric Used: I used ITY Jersey that I purchased as a remnant. The fabric was so beautiful, there was no way I could leave it there.
Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: I had seen a similar shape top with shoulder cut-outs and this top was a really great match. I put a sheer netting with gold glitter bits in the shoulders. The pattern as traced off was too large through the shoulders so I took 2 inches out.


Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? Yes! I'm going to sew this top again. I can't wait to pull some gorgeous fabrics that I have waiting for a pattern like this. And, then I'm going to recommend this top to my beginning sewer ... my daughter Josie.
Conclusion: If you need a super easy and fast top, I definitely recommend this tunic. It's basic shape and easy assembly would let you make it in the morning and wear it for dinner.


I put the netting in the shoulders last night. I also made a small strap that I hand-sewed to each shoulder for hanging. Hanging straps are those wonderful little bits inside your shirt that keep it from being a pile on the closet floor. I am wearing this today and if it stays this comfortable, it's going to be one of my go-to top patterns.

Now, the next step. Figuring out how to get my reviews into the contest and then stealing my own photos because I don't load them onto my computer anymore. I need a thumbnail picture for the contest review.

Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment